Sultan Salahuddin Ayubi, the historical Turkish drama, is releasing its 8th episode today, January 8th, 2024 on TRT’s website and apps. This epic series dramatizes the life of the great Muslim Sultan Salahuddin Ayyubi, the Kurdish military commander who defeated the Crusaders in the Battle of Hattin and reclaimed Jerusalem.
The new episode is generating lots of excitement, as Salahuddin’s conquest of Jerusalem approaches. Fans eagerly await seeing how the Sultan strategically defeated the Crusaders. The episode will feature the siege of Kerak castle along with political intrigue and family drama.
Sultan Salahuddin Ayubi Episode 8 In Urdu & English Subtitles Overview and Key Details
- Air Date: January 8, 2024
- Episode: 8 out of 60
- Runtime: Approx. 120 minutes
- Where to Watch: TRT Or Our Website and Apps
- Languages: Turkish, English Subtitles
- TV Channel: TRT1 (Turkey)
This article will provide plot analysis, character guides, battle maps, production trivia, and more to recap and prepare viewers for Sultan Salahuddin Ayubi’s new episode.
The Story So Far (Episodes 1-7)
Over the first 7 episodes, we’ve seen Salahuddin (Burak Özçivit) rise from a minor emir to the powerful Sultan of Egypt and Syria:
- Episode 1: Salahuddin is appointed governor of Alexandria but faces plots from rivals.
- Episode 2: Salahuddin puts down a rebellion by Bedouin tribes with mercy. He marries Princess Ismataddeen.
- Episode 3: Salahuddin’s military skills earn him promotions from the Fatimid Caliph.
- Episode 4: Salahuddin becomes vizier and defends Egypt from Crusader raids.
- Episode 5: After the Fatimid Caliph’s death, Salahuddin claims power as Sultan of Egypt and Syria.
- Episode 6: Salahuddin captures Damascus from rival emirs and unites Egypt and Syria under his rule.
- Episode 7: Salahuddin secures allegiances in Syria and Turkey to stand against the Crusaders.
As his power grows, Salahuddin must balance war, politics, and family. His decisions set the stage for the great Battle of Hattin against the Crusaders.
Sultan Salahuddin Ayubi Episode 8 In English Subtitles Major Characters
|Played by Burak Özçivit. The brave Kurdish general who overthrows the Fatimids and becomes Sultan.
|Imad ad-Din Zengi
|Salahuddin’s former master. Emir of Mosul who dies early on.
|Zengi’s successor. Wary of Salahuddin’s growing power.
|Richard the Lionheart
|Played by Ufuk Özkan. Crusader king who conflicts with Salahuddin.
|Raynald of Châtillon
|Ruthless French knight of the Crusader states. Loots Muslim caravans despite truces.
|Ismat ad-Din Khatun
|Salahuddin’s wise wife. Mother of his children.
What to Expect in Sultan Salahuddin Ayubi Episode 8 In Urdu & English Subtitles
Episode 8 builds tension between Salahuddin and the Crusaders. With both sides making strategic moves, their epic clash nears.
Siege of Kerak Castle
The episode opens with Salahuddin besieging the desert fortress Kerak, held by Crusaders. Kerak threatens Muslim lands, so Salahuddin moves to capture this key border castle.
He stations his elite Mamluk troops there while he deals with political affairs elsewhere. This begins the siege depicted in the episode.
Marriage Alliance with Nur ad-Din
Meanwhile in Syria, Nur ad-Din negotiates with Crusader prince Raymond III of Tripoli to improve relations.
To counteract their alliance, Nur-ad-Din brokers a marriage between his family and Salahuddin’s – uniting their houses.
But Salahuddin insists his own daughter marry into Nur ad-Din’s family. This complex alliance annoys Nur ad-Din and provokes family drama with Salahuddin’s brother Al-Adil.
Richard Arrives on Crusade
In a minor subplot, we’ll likely see the English king Richard the Lionheart arriving by ship to the Holy Land on Crusade.
Richard swore vengeance for the 1187 Battle of Hattin which devastated the Crusaders. He brings powerful reinforcements to oppose Salahuddin’s growing empire.
Sultan Salahuddin stands as one of history’s most noble Muslim rulers. What leadership lessons does his portrayal in the show offer modern viewers and leaders?
Pragmatism and Mercy
Salahuddin spares his enemies when possible. In Episode 2, he pardons Bedouin rebels with minimal punishment. This pragmatism earns their renewed loyalty rather than hatred.
When Saladin captures Jerusalem in 1187, he again pragmatically permits ransoms instead of slaughter. This shows flexible application of jihad according to changing conditions.
Salahuddin operates on many fronts at once – diplomatic, familial, military, economic, ideological.
He unifies factions, from Turkish emirs to Egyptian peasants, into a common cause – rescuing Muslim lands from the Crusaders. His careful strategy balances all fronts.
While bold in battle, he avoids direct confrontations with powerful rulers Nur ad-Din and Richard. Instead he subtly undermines them while building his strength.
Chivalry and Honor
Saladin’s chivalry earns respect from friends and foes alike. For example:
- When opposing general Raynald of Châtillon breaks truces, Salahuddin blames Raynald alone, not all Franks.
- He sends doctors to treat King Richard when ill. Richard laments he cannot make peace for political reasons.
- Upon victory Salahuddin honors terms granting Crusaders safe passage. His brother Al-Adil criticizes this naïveté.
This nobility contrasts with frequent Frankish atrocities. The show highlights timeless moral lessons.
Filming Sultan Salahuddin cost over $15 million with 90 studio sets across Turkish cities such as Istanbul, Izmit, Eskisehir and Bolu:
- The iconic siege tower took 120 days to design/build.
- 7000+ costumes feature rich period detail with embroidery and chainmail.
- The Kerak desert set has 8 working wells providing authentic backdrops.
- Desert scenes require 130 tonnes of imported sand & clay with 100 workers shaping dunes.
- 400+ horses were transported for cavalry scenes around Kerak.
The production quality brings 7th century Syria to vivid life.
Since its debut, Sultan Salahuddin Ayubi ranks as the year’s top show for TRT1. Initial ratings indicate:
|13+ million per episode across platforms
|Over 30% on January 1 premiere
|Licensed in over 30 markets including Pakistan and Central Asia
Fans eagerly discuss episodes across YouTube and social media. The show also boosted Turkish film tourism.
Many new visitors now seek sites depicted like desert castles:
Domestic interest also surged in Turkish history and medievalrocket culture. Educational apps saw a boost in traffic to their Salahuddin content.
The breakout success highlights the impact quality productions about Muslim history can achieve.
What Happens Next? Sultan Salahuddin Ayubi Episode 8 In Urdu Subtitles
Episode 8 culminates with the Mamluk garrison at Kerak struggling to hold the fortress against increasing Crusader attacks.
Salahuddin realizes he must take command himself. He prepares to ride south for a climactic showdown to decide Kerak’s fate.
Meanwhile Saladin’s marriage alliance gives him leverage to sideline Nur ad-Din. Tensions rise across all fronts – military, political, and family.
Will Salahuddin triumph over both Crusader and Muslim rivals to ascend as the champion of Islam?
Tune in next Monday for Episode 9 of this must-watch drama!